Monday, June 24, 2013

[Movie Halls] Ega theater


Second in my movie hall series comes Ega Theater. I like this theater for no reason but for the fact that it is closeby home. A hop skip and jump, I am at the theater [well not really, but it is less than 5mins away]. The theater has been around for as long as I can remember, and we have seen quite a few movies here- with family, with friends and solo. Over the years, I have seen the place go through quite a few changes- The facade, the way they stopped screening tamil movies, how they switched over to ONLY hindi, and then included few other regional languages, slowly incorporating English movies as well.

The most recent change being in the seats within. Ega- all screens went through a drastic change, the seats and the entire theater changed, it now has plush seats, comfortable and swanky. Anu Ega on the other, the small hall still remains the same, old rickety seats and quite an unpleasant hall overall. Wonder why they haven't bothered with this hall. Similarly, the cafeteria too changed, food items became pricey. I guess it is good in a way as it filters the crowd that comes to the hall. The crowd is also decent and does not dirty or mess up the place.

The highlight of this cinema hall is that tickets are priced between Rs75 and Rs95, the cheapest in the city [as far as I know]. And it is one of those theaters where you will get tickets, unless it is First day First show.

You can book tickets online as well, the url is http://egacinemas.com/Default.aspx.

Next time you are in Kilpauk or thereabouts, do check out this theater and let me know!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had purchased 2 movie tickets for 7PM show for me & my spouse for Malayalam movie'Oru vadakkan selfie' last week via bookmyshow. Had ordered 2 veg sandwiches worth Rs. 60/- each while booking the tickets.

After we reached the venue and collected the tickets, I checked at the snacks counter whether I can collect the sandwiches now, but was told that it will come to our seats during interval time. So I waited during the break time and nothing came. Then I thought may be they are avoiding the commotion created by audience going in & out during the interval time and may bring it once the movie starts. I waited and waited and waited but no sign of the sandwiches and finally the movie ended. It was 9.45 PM already and our stomachs were burning with hunger.

I went to the security guard at the front door and told our situation. He wanted to see the tickets as well as the snacks coupon. I showed him what he wanted. He soon pushed someone to contact the snacks boy who wasn't available around. We waited for around half-an-hour at the front door for the snacks boy to get the sandwiches ready. All this time the security was pushing him to prepare it fast as we were waiting outside and wasn't allowed to enter as our show was already over. And finally when we got it, the sandwiches were too cold as if kept in refrigerator for days together. The look in the snacks boy's face is what astonished me. There was no feeling of sorry in it for failing his duty. Is this how the management of the theater treat a customer who purchased 250 worth tickets and 120 worth snacks? Shame on you. We did not have the time to argue with the snacks boy or complain to the management as it was past 10.15PM and we had left our kid with in-laws.

Special thanks to the security guard at the front door who helped us.

Unknown said...

very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Sharing for wonderful information.

Packers and Movers Kilpauk 9380223600 Chennai